Thursday, March 26, 2009
Happiness from a hat!
At Disneyland when larry got his birthday gift card, I knew what he was going to buy. To preface this a little for about 8 years everytime we would go to Disneyland, Larry wanted to buy an Indiana Jones hat. This isn’t a baseball hat type it looks just like Indy's hat in the movies and it was alot of money for a hat. Everytime we would go he would go try on the hat and look in the mirror, well this time he had money that he had to spend on souvenirs so on his birthday we go to the shop and he tries on the hats to get the right size and then gets the biggest smile you have seen just knowing that he is finally getting this hat. He goes and pays for it, the lady wishes him happy birthday and while there the lady hands him the phone from behind the desk and it is goofy, wishing him a happy birthday (so cute, the details that Disney puts in! Amazing!) Then he proudly walks out of the shop and this time he doesn’t have to take it off! Who would have thought that a hat could make someone so happy! Well he wears the hat proudly for 2 days and our last day in the park Larry and I go on splash mountain. Larry wanted to have his hat on for the picture that they take when you go down the big hill. (I think you can see where I am going with this) Anyway he wears it with his hand on top of it to keep it on but as we get down to the bottom he thought that we had slowed down enough to lift his hand and the second he did POOF the hat was gone. We got off the ride and told the castmembers that he had lost it and they told us to come back in 30 minutes because when something gets lost they usually will float through and they will catch it. 30 minutes had passed, Larry walked back to splash and no luck, an hour later he tried again, no luck, 3 more times that day he tried and still no luck. At this point we had to go fill out a form at the lost and found so that if it got turned in they would know it was his. When we got there they said that they drain the ride every night and walk through it and pick up any lost items so its likely that it would be there in the morning. We told them this was our last day in the park and they said that if it got turned in they could ship it to us. Larry was really sad, then mad at himself that he lost it and then sad again but was still hopeful that they would find it that night. The next day on our way to Costa Mesa we stopped in at Disneyland and Larry went to check and still, no luck. You could tell he was so sad because he really just wanted it to be there because this was our last chance in the Disneyland area. Well we traveled home and on Monday when he went back to work I decided to just call down there to see if by chance they had found it and guess what, they had!!! I was so excited that I could barely talk. Larry hadn’t opened his birthday gift yet so I put a card with it that that said happy birthday and that Disneyland had found his hat and they were shipping it that day. When he read that part his face was classic he looked at me and said "are you serious?" I jumped up and said YES!!! then he jumped up and down saying hooray they found my hat!! Well on Friday we got a knock on the door, Larry went to answer and no one was there, then he saw the UPS truck and then saw the box, he grabbed it ran in the house and said "my hat is here, my hat is here" He opened the box and put the hat on ran in the living room and jumped in the air and clicked his heels together several times, it was priceless! My sweet hubby finally had his hat, he was like a little kid! It was so great to see him so excited about it.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
That cracks me up. I cannot picture larry jumping up and down. Funny memory in my brain now.
That is the best story ever.
(I am living vicariously through you guys cause I am so jealous that you got to go to DisneyLand 7 times:)
I am so glad that they found Larry's hat. I love the pictures....priceless:)
What an awesome hat! I'm so glad Larry got it back and had a happy birthday. It was great seeing you guys today!
Post a Comment